Snotty nose

Things aren't looking good for the 2 phase: Clover's nose has gotten snotty again, and she coughed several times while I was schooling test movements with her.

I actually felt pretty good about the ride, I didn't practice the entire test, but rode elements, like the 20 meter circle to sitting trot to canter transition in the corner. Or, trot to medium walk to free walk thru the diagonal, back to medium walk. I need to work more on the transition from free to medium walk—I still am not following enough with my hands, and Clover gets short or even pacey with the hind end in the medium.

The canter work, however, continues to improve—I love the feeling of power in Clover's haunches in the transition. More throughness in the canter work itself, especially when I can follow the motion and don't squinch up my legs. I actually lost the left stirrup in the transition to trot. That'll be my next piece to work on, now that Clover's not tossing her head up in the transition to canter. I have to keep my leg on and keep her balanced into the down trans, so she doesn't get strung out.

I gave Clover a quick warm water bath and threw a cooler on her while she dried off. Her resting temp. remains a steady 99.8 … her appetite and energy are good, but if the cough and snots don't clear up, it doesn't look like we'll be going tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts