Spring is springing. I think.
I'm very pleased to report that even though I just hacked Clover along the dirt road yesterday, I could feel a huge difference in her way of going as a result of the adjustment and acupuncture the day before. Even though Clover was pulling her wanting to go back to the farm and eat with her buddies routine, I had a much easier time keeping her body straight and bending her to the left and right, even throwing in a few leg yields here and there.
I didn't bother trying to trot, the road had been recently graded and a lot more stones had been brought up. With new shoes and no pads on her feet, I didn't want to risk a stone bruise. Anyways, I just wanted to keep Clover on a long rein, after all that nice work the chiro/acupuncturist did I didn't want to reel her into a frame, so at the walk we just alternated between loose rein and free walk on a long rein. I concentrated on using my seat and weight to regulate her pace (ie. keep her from jigging and trotting).
Clover finally started blowing her coat this week! Most of the other horses have been shedding their winter coats since mid-February!
(Later) I just called Evenstride about my ride times for Sunday, and it looks like they stuck me in the walk/trot division anyways! I had entered for the elementary division, but since I had signed up for walk/trot the first time around, they must've held that entry over.
Actually I'm relieved, it'll be a nice, low-key first time out this year then we'll get a month to tune up the canter work, and be ready for the BN division at Groton House's 2 phase.
I didn't bother trying to trot, the road had been recently graded and a lot more stones had been brought up. With new shoes and no pads on her feet, I didn't want to risk a stone bruise. Anyways, I just wanted to keep Clover on a long rein, after all that nice work the chiro/acupuncturist did I didn't want to reel her into a frame, so at the walk we just alternated between loose rein and free walk on a long rein. I concentrated on using my seat and weight to regulate her pace (ie. keep her from jigging and trotting).
Clover finally started blowing her coat this week! Most of the other horses have been shedding their winter coats since mid-February!
(Later) I just called Evenstride about my ride times for Sunday, and it looks like they stuck me in the walk/trot division anyways! I had entered for the elementary division, but since I had signed up for walk/trot the first time around, they must've held that entry over.
Actually I'm relieved, it'll be a nice, low-key first time out this year then we'll get a month to tune up the canter work, and be ready for the BN division at Groton House's 2 phase.

Comments
Post a Comment