Lesson in the indoor
Lesson over at the indoor, semi-private with two younger students. Just wanted to get a tune up in before Evenstride; unfortunately, the arena got a lot smaller with several other kids and an adult riding around. I didn't get the chance to work on the movements I wanted to, like M-X-K change of rein across the diagonal to up the center line at A. It's a harder turn for us to make tracking left, like a 10 meter circle (lots of outside and bending aids. not to mention staying forward and rhythmic).
Not only that, but I tried a KK aurigan bit on Clover for the lesson. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, but we didn't have good results. It was thicker than her regular loose-ring french snaffle, and I think that gave her something to lean on, when she wasn't being cranky about having to accept the contact. Oh, well. It was worth a try.
We did get to work on the halt I need to remember to halt with my seat and keep my legs on, not stiffen and hang on the reins more 1/2 halts, less hanging. I have to not let her come up against my hand when asking for the halt. I have to close my legs and ask Clover to step into the halt.
Despite that, my trainer still said that we had some good moments, and that Clover was moving a lot more freely forward since the acupuncture and adjustment.
Not only that, but I tried a KK aurigan bit on Clover for the lesson. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, but we didn't have good results. It was thicker than her regular loose-ring french snaffle, and I think that gave her something to lean on, when she wasn't being cranky about having to accept the contact. Oh, well. It was worth a try.
We did get to work on the halt I need to remember to halt with my seat and keep my legs on, not stiffen and hang on the reins more 1/2 halts, less hanging. I have to not let her come up against my hand when asking for the halt. I have to close my legs and ask Clover to step into the halt.
Despite that, my trainer still said that we had some good moments, and that Clover was moving a lot more freely forward since the acupuncture and adjustment.

Comments
Post a Comment