A lot of conditioning to do
Rolex, day 2 dressage. I'm listening at work. The broadcast just announces riders and the scores. No commentary. David and Giltedge are in first so far.
Went on another conditioning hack last night, this time with my trainer on her young mare Pooh, her first time out this year. We hacked down to the bridge, walked down a path to a small rock bridge, walked the mares over (exposure, people!), and walked them down the overgrown trail a ways. Turned around, headed back for the main trail and did some trot/canter sets to the sandpit, a short sprint around the sand pit, and walked back to the trail again.
After giving the mares a breather, we picked up the trot again and did another trot/canter set to the bridge. We walked the rest of the way back on a loose rein. Clover was very good. We have a lot of conditioning and speed work to do! I doubt we'll have the speed for even Training, but I'd rather have time penalties than jump penalties!
Went on another conditioning hack last night, this time with my trainer on her young mare Pooh, her first time out this year. We hacked down to the bridge, walked down a path to a small rock bridge, walked the mares over (exposure, people!), and walked them down the overgrown trail a ways. Turned around, headed back for the main trail and did some trot/canter sets to the sandpit, a short sprint around the sand pit, and walked back to the trail again.
After giving the mares a breather, we picked up the trot again and did another trot/canter set to the bridge. We walked the rest of the way back on a loose rein. Clover was very good. We have a lot of conditioning and speed work to do! I doubt we'll have the speed for even Training, but I'd rather have time penalties than jump penalties!

Comments
Post a Comment