Unsteady footing
The ring is still fraught with unsteady footing. The mushy snow on top gives way to a lumpy, icy pack. I went down to do some trot sets after dark, gave up and did them on the driveway.
Good thing we have a long dirt driveway. I was too chicken to actually do road work in the dark. With the occasional car buzzing by, and potholes, I decided the driveway was good enough. Clover was a very good girl, after getting over the surprise of being ridden in the near-dark (we had a bit of light from the floodlight on our porch). We trotted up, and walked down the slight incline of the driveway. Then we'd canter up, and walk down. Lather, rinse, repeat. Hey, it's a start!
Damn snow better melt out of the arena soon.
Good thing we have a long dirt driveway. I was too chicken to actually do road work in the dark. With the occasional car buzzing by, and potholes, I decided the driveway was good enough. Clover was a very good girl, after getting over the surprise of being ridden in the near-dark (we had a bit of light from the floodlight on our porch). We trotted up, and walked down the slight incline of the driveway. Then we'd canter up, and walk down. Lather, rinse, repeat. Hey, it's a start!
Damn snow better melt out of the arena soon.

Comments
Post a Comment