Somewhat dispirited
Pretty worn out and somewhat dispirited right now Clover ran around the paddock again when I went out to get her to ride, I yelled at her, she ran around and nickered at her buddies as she ran around, Finally I got her to knock it off, tacked up, and headed down to the ring to ride. Unforunately, the snow pack was slushy and icy underneath, so the footing was unsteady. I gave up after a few passes at the walk and trot, and headed up to the (dirt) road for a couple of trot sets.
Did some walk work on the road, moving shoulder and haunches in and out, some leg yields, and a couple attempts at half pass. Actually got a few good, clear steps at the half pass to the left while maintaining the correct bend. Whew.
Getting exited about King Oak, the Omnibus says that the BN course is good for the first time at this level. Also got a couple of clinics beforehand, so I'll have those and regular lessons, and hopefully a cross country school to be well prepared.
Did some walk work on the road, moving shoulder and haunches in and out, some leg yields, and a couple attempts at half pass. Actually got a few good, clear steps at the half pass to the left while maintaining the correct bend. Whew.
Getting exited about King Oak, the Omnibus says that the BN course is good for the first time at this level. Also got a couple of clinics beforehand, so I'll have those and regular lessons, and hopefully a cross country school to be well prepared.

Comments
Post a Comment