Reshod
Clover was reshod yesterday and got her hind shoes put back on. All the shoes were tapped for stud holes. I think we'll just need a reset before King Oak.
To Do before this weekend's clinic:
Clip bridlepath and trim whiskers
Pull mane
Give vaccines
Clean tack
I'm just going to call this riding log Yet More Road Work, because that's all I've been doing between going to once a week lessons at the indoor. Yes, we went up on the road again and did more walk/trot sets with a couple of forward canters thrown in. Nothing major, just short bursts of 375 mpm.
Clover was energetic and alert, as well as reluctant because I rode her before evening feed. I alternated walking on a long rein to riding on the aids (as best I could with a squidgy, wanting to go home and eat mare) and leg yielding from one side of the road to the other.
Excuse my French, but some day that fucking snow and ice has to melt off the riding ring.
To Do before this weekend's clinic:
Clip bridlepath and trim whiskers
Pull mane
Give vaccines
Clean tack
I'm just going to call this riding log Yet More Road Work, because that's all I've been doing between going to once a week lessons at the indoor. Yes, we went up on the road again and did more walk/trot sets with a couple of forward canters thrown in. Nothing major, just short bursts of 375 mpm.
Clover was energetic and alert, as well as reluctant because I rode her before evening feed. I alternated walking on a long rein to riding on the aids (as best I could with a squidgy, wanting to go home and eat mare) and leg yielding from one side of the road to the other.
Excuse my French, but some day that fucking snow and ice has to melt off the riding ring.

Comments
Post a Comment