Foot deep snow
Tacked up and rode with the stablemates, we all warmed up in the ring and went out to the back pasture to canter in the foot deep snow.
Clover was feeling frisky, spooking, shying, trotting sideways at the tarp covered hay, at Stuart trotting up and down the fence line in his and Oli's paddock. I worked on getting her attention back while trotting around the ring, then we headed to the back field.
She was still in high spirits, and we trotted and cantered a bit--she really wanted to gallop. I kept her in check, I was worried about loosing footing in the snow. I tested Clover's breaks, and cantered on. She'd try veering to the x-c jumps set up around the field, which made me feel good about her willingness to jump.
We all had a ball, but quit pretty soon, the horses are all out of shape.
Clover was feeling frisky, spooking, shying, trotting sideways at the tarp covered hay, at Stuart trotting up and down the fence line in his and Oli's paddock. I worked on getting her attention back while trotting around the ring, then we headed to the back field.
She was still in high spirits, and we trotted and cantered a bit--she really wanted to gallop. I kept her in check, I was worried about loosing footing in the snow. I tested Clover's breaks, and cantered on. She'd try veering to the x-c jumps set up around the field, which made me feel good about her willingness to jump.
We all had a ball, but quit pretty soon, the horses are all out of shape.

Comments
Post a Comment