New indoor

First lesson at the new indoor, at my trainer's sister's farm near ManchVegas. Rode Bobby, an older school pony with some good jump in him. We worked on ground poles, cavaletti, trot poles to x-rails, and 3 x-rail bounces, 9 feet apart.

I overcompensated my tendency to jump ahead by getting left behind, so my trainer had me look straight up at the ceiling as I rode through the gymnastics. It was disconcerting, but it got me to focus on the pony's motion instead of worrying about where I should be or what I should be doing. I got a better feel of allowing the jump to close my body.

Did some flatwork without stirrups, hip stretching, stop grabbing with the knee, let lower leg come back and down underneath me.

The indoor is nice, I'm looking forward to bringing Clover there over the winter.

Comments

Popular Posts