Kick ass
Finally feel like I can ride, had a kick ass lesson today. Half voltes, finished with half-pass at the walk. I need to relax my seat and legs even more, I still tighten up when I go to use my leg. But, I am starting to figure out just what to use and how much—or how little, actually. Clover is responding. We had a lot of forward energy today, because I stopped “squeezing her guts out.”
Did some basic trot work, then sitting trot to canter transition. The canter trans are getting lighter and more coordinated on both our parts. And, best of all, Clover stayed through at the canter, because I was riding her to the aids. It felt great, none of the ponderous jarring I'd been feeling. My trainer had us quit there, to end on a good note.
Did some basic trot work, then sitting trot to canter transition. The canter trans are getting lighter and more coordinated on both our parts. And, best of all, Clover stayed through at the canter, because I was riding her to the aids. It felt great, none of the ponderous jarring I'd been feeling. My trainer had us quit there, to end on a good note.

Comments
Post a Comment