Moonlighting in daybroadlight
I'm tired and getting hungry. I helped unload the hay that finally arrived earlier this morning. It felt funny moonlighting from my desk job in broad daylight (or day broadlight, as my friend Janet used to say), for such a manual labor reason.
One of the horses is sick, and it appears to be more of a localized infection, like an abscessed tooth, not a cold or a flu.
My trainer needs to start breaking and training the coming 3-year-olds this spring and summer--and not replace them with more once they sell! More clients, less young stock, I keep telling her. I dunno, I know there's got to be a balance somewhere. But I know it's not my neck out there, either, and it's a good object lesson for me: you can have too many horses. My trainer's horses are all extremely well-fed and cared for, but sometimes it's too much for her, at the expense of her well-being.

Comments
Post a Comment